HyperX, the gaming division of Kingston Technology Company, launched its first SSD in India with RGB – HyperX FURY RGB SSD. This performance rich SSD, is designed for a better gaming experience while brightening and enhancing the rigs with more colour and LED lighting.
It utilises 3D NAND technology for better power efficiency and durability, delivering high reading and writing speed, 10 times faster than a 7200RPM hard drive one. It is available in HyperX network of retail and e-tail stores at Rs 9,349, Rs 15,330 and Rs 27,230 for 240GB, 480GB and 960GB respectively.
It is also available as an upgrade bundle kit at Rs 11,315, Rs 17,300 and Rs 29,200 for 240GB, 480GB and 960GB capacities respectively. It is backed by a limited three year warranty with seven years of free technical support.
“HyperX strives to create innovative high-quality storage solutions that suits the need of varied users. HyperX FURY RGB SSD features 3D NAND technology and high-quality lighting that will definitely offer exceptional performance to the end users,” said HyperX India, marketing director Vishal Parekh.
The storage solutions are designed to meet the needs of a range of gaming applications which includes:
- Enhanced Visual Experience: It offers an enhanced visual experience for gaming, overclocking PCs, and DIY system builds with up to 550MB/s read and 480MB/s write speed and a visually stunning light bar that offers dynamic, customizable RGB lighting effects.
- Compatible with RGB motherboards that support RGB lighting and multiple RGB devices, FURY RGB SSD can also be daisy chained to sync RGB effects across system internals. FURY RGB SSD is available in 240GB, 480GB, and 960GB capacities.
- It is sold as a standalone RGB SSD or with an upgrade bundle kit that includes a USB 3.0 enclosure, 3.5 inch bracket and mounting screws, RGB cable, SATA data cable, USB 3.1 Type A to mini-USB cable and hard drive cloning software.
HyperX takes the tagline “We’re all gamers to heart”. Whether you are an amateur or professional player, our goal is to meet or exceed customer expectations with every gaming memory product, headset, keyboard, mouse or mouse-pad we design.
It is based on out-of-box performance using a SATA Rev 3.0 / PCIe 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software, and usage. IOMETER Random 4K read/write is based on 8GB partition. Some of the other specifications are:
- Lighting is customisable with motherboard RGB control software.
- FURY RGB does not support dynamic RGB lighting or header.
- Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus it is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products
- When used with a gaming console, formatting may be required.
- Based on internal testing data, loading times may vary for each individual game.
- Limited warranty based on 3 years or SSD Life Remaining which can be found using the Kingston SSD Manager Kingston.com/SSDManager. A new, unused product will show a wear indicator value of one hundred, whereas a product that has reached its endurance limit of program-erase cycles will show a wear indicator value of one
- Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Client Workload (JESD219A).