The AMD Ryzen Skyesports Championship 3.0 is here with a massive prize pool of Rs. 55,00,000. Of this, Rs. 22,00,000 ($30,000) will be rewarded in South Asia’s beloved FPS title, Valorant.
The Skyesports Championship 3.0 is presented by AMD Ryzen. Logitech G is the gaming partner while WD Black is the gaming storage partner.
Get your squad together as registrations for Valorant will begin on 18August at 6 PM IST for players in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives. The first step for teams after registering will be the regional qualifiers.
The open-for-all online qualifiers will be held separately for the following regions:
- India Qualifier (Top two teams qualify for the playoffs)
- Pakistan and Afghanistan Qualifier (Top two teams qualify for the playoffs)
- Bangladesh and Maldives Qualifier (Top two teams qualify for the playoffs)
- Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan Qualifier (Winner qualifies for the playoffs)
The qualifiers will follow a single-elimination format with each match being the best-of-three games, except for the finals which will be a best-of-five.
The Wildcard Qualifier will give another shot to the top placed teams from the regional qualifiers to make it to the playoffs. The slots will be decided as follows:
- India Qualifier: Third-placed team
- Pakistan and Afghanistan Qualifier: Third-placed team
- Bangladesh and Maldives Qualifier: Third-placed team
- Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan Qualifier: Second-placed team
The Wildcard Qualifier will feature a double-elimination bracket and will give the four teams another shot at making it to the playoffs. Only the winner of the wildcard qualifier will make it to the playoffs.
The eight best teams from across South Asia will battle in the playoffs for the title of champions. The playoffs will follow a double-elimination bracket except for the finals, which will have a unique format.
For the very first time in the history of Indian esports, the finals will feature the top two teams battle it out in a set-of-three x best-of-five series over a span of three days to crown the AMD Ryzen Skyesports Championship 3.0 Valorant winners.
- Day 1: Best-of-five matches with the series winner getting one point.
- Day 2: Best-of-five matches with the series winner getting one point.
If the score is 2-0 at the end of Day 2, the winner will be declared. If the score is 1-1, then the finals will go on for another day.
- Day 3: Best-of-five matches with the series winner being crowned the Valorant champions.
The schedule for the Valorant competition in the AMD Ryzen Skyesports Championship 3.0 is:
- Qualifiers and wildcard: 8September to 30 September.
- Playoffs: 2October to 20 October.
- Finals: 22October to 24October.
Skyesports is committed to ensuring a level playing field for all participants during the online competition. For this, the server distribution for the regional qualifiers have been assigned as follows:
- India Qualifiers: Mumbai
- Pakistan and Afghanistan Qualifiers: Bahrain
- Bangladesh and Maldives Qualifiers: Singapore 1/2
- Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan Qualifiers: Mumbai
- Wild Card Qualifiers: Singapore 1/2
- Playoffs: TBD
- Grand Finals: TBD
The $30,000 prize pool will be distributed as follows:
The winner of each National Qualifier will get the entire prize pool for that region.
Skyesports remains dedicated in its focus on the grassroots community and will be broadcasting all of the action from the championship in nine languages. Fans can catch the action in Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Urdu, Bengali and Punjabi on Skyesports’ official YouTube channel and Facebook page.